Holiday cheer! Wee hee hee!
Found this vid entirely by accident.
Your embed code, she is, how you say? Le derp.
Fictional characters making sensible decisions? What is this world coming to?!
Workable solution. More mature than I’d have expected from Mick.
And then we discover that Omar knew about the note, and would read it when he missed her, taking terrible comfort from the idea that she got what she deserved?
Not even Omar is so heartless.
I wouldn’t bet on it. I’ve got a few keepsakes in my life I keep to remind me of why ‘so-and-so’ being gone is a good idea.
And it’s not heartless to want the pain to be a little less. “Oh gawd I miss her.. and there’s the spot where she keyed my fucking harley. Oh wait, I -don’t- miss the bitch.”
Long disused space. Omar having forgotten the purse was back there. What d’ya wanna bet he hadn’t been back their since his wife died?
Really just looking to justify my usual stance of “don’t touch other people’s stuff without permission.”
I don’t get the reasoning behind the last couple of strips. They seem pointles. Are you saying that we never really know someone? That was demonstrated when Mick found out about his Aunt & Omar’s sex life.
Well, ok, here’s the plot of the next six strips:
– Mick, having accidentally memorized the note after reading it over and over, can’t hide his guilt, He tells Omar.
– Omar, as it turns out, suspected that his old business partner was fucking his wife. He snaps and kills Mick.
– After loading himself up all Matrix style, he drives to New York where he takes Malcolm hostage at gunpoint.
– Malcolm’s new business partners are the Koch brothers. They also are taken hostage.
– As it turns out, their new office is in the brand new WTC, and the three hostages manage to overpower Omar.
– Oops! He was also rigged with a suitcase nuke on his back. Omar yells “ALLAHU AKHBAR” and blows the whole building to pieces.
Doesn’t it feel better knowing where the strip is going to go? Aren’t you glad I clarified? /snark
See, and here I thought he was going to go all ‘anthrax’ on Malcolm. Shows I shouldn’t second-guess.
Rare example of artist hosting the comments page actually WINNING the page
No profanity battle with Malcom Tucker?
And everything went better than expected.
Never saw THAT coming!
I swear, it looks like Mick is peeing on the note. Which I guess makes sense as he wouldn’t want the hot ash to start another fire elsewhere, but it’s kinda rude to be on the phone with Joe *while* peeing.
Either that, or he’s set his crotch on fire…
Mick hunches. I didn’t see a Rorschach golden shower… I’ll look again… nope.
Am I the only one reading this as Christine writing to an already-dead ex-husband when she knew her own cancer was terminal? Omar probably knows full well, and given the kind of dude he is, might have kept it as a keepsake.
We’ve already established that Mick is sorely lacking the whole picture about Omar and his aunt’s relationship. I get the feeling he’s once again missing a big chunk of context.
I think it is Omar that is missing a chunk of context and hopefully he will never notice the hole.
Comments are closed.
©2012-2014 Failure To Fire | Powered by WordPress with Easel
| Subscribe: RSS
| Back to Top ↑