We’ve all been there, am I right? RIGHT? FUCK YEAH OWLS.
Ugh. Feeling way behind. Should have a novel ready soon, though. The Icepocalypse 2013 so far has been wicked.
Completely forgot about the face. She’s so sensitive about it she won’t Mick see it(well, not easily anyway) in it’s entirety. Guess that’s one helluva road block.
”A dream merely soothes, but nightmares make us run.”
I’ll take the soothing dream, thank you very much.
Man. I’m suddenly glad that my stupid anxiety dreams were clearly written by a six year old trying to interpret whatever it is that I’m worried about. I get, like, “you went to your job and you didn’t have anyone to sit with”, not “and they’ve chopped off all your fingers and the Greek chorus mocks you”.
Scary good depiction of nightmare-ville. Booga!
I love my nightmares better than the good dreams. When I wake up from a dream I was enjoying, I want to go back to sleep and get that dream back. When I wake from a nightmare, I am WIDE AWAKE and ready to take on the day.
I used to occasionally have nightmares, mostly about zombies. Then I started writing a book about zombies and did a lot of planning on how best to set up an urban area to defend against zombie outbreaks. those dreams aren’t very frightening anymore, since I’m usually building fortifications and making weapons in them.
Someone has some public performance issues.
Considering the shit sandwich she had to eat after her last visit to the show… Well, not real surprising.
My nightmares mainly involve being embarrassed. The scariest ones, thank goodness, rarely exceed “vaguely creepy.”
I very rarely wake up with memories of dreams. I have benign nightmares, where normalish stuff happens but I wake up with terrible feelings about everything. And I have dreams where weird or horrible stuff happens but everything feels fine, and then I wake up quite happy. But mostly my nightmares start when I wake up, with the realisation that I have to get up and go to work.
Most of the things I can remember from dreams:
* A tow truck made to look like a chicken.
* Someone trying to drive a car around a corner while outside of the car and opening the door to get in.
* An Escher like mall with no bathrooms (when I woke up needing to pee).
* A dream ending with bees everywhere, to wake up and find a fly buzzing around the room.
* A dream ending with being washed out with bright light, to find I hadn’t closed my curtain properly (the dream had something to do with star trek, it was interesting and I was annoyed to be woken up).
* A dream ending with crashing a motorbike into a pillar, sticking my hand out to brace myself, to find I’d been sleeping on my hand funny and it was really sore.
* Being chased around my old primary school and shot, lying there for what felt like ten minutes contemplating the empty dark void of my sudden non-existence, before realising I was in fact still alive and could open my eyes (when I woke up I felt perfectly fine with the world).
* And the other night I dreamt about finding trout in the grass, filling an inflatable swimming pool to put them in, and my cat slept on a high ledge in a dark barn/tower thing.
And at 26 that is the entirety of dream moments I can remember well enough to describe.
I’ve faced flooding in a submarine at test depth. And fire in a submerged boat, too.*
Nightmares don’t work on me any more.
*(Not at the same time)
Comments are closed.
©2012-2014 Failure To Fire | Powered by WordPress with Easel
| Subscribe: RSS
| Back to Top ↑